I have a kitchen full of awesome pots, pans, appliances, utensils and gadgets we’ve bought over the years, many which have been kindly gifted to us from friends and family. Listed below are the 10 items I use most often and would likely toss in the back of the Volvo if we are ever evacuated.
1. Breville Convection Oven– This is my favorite appliance ever. Unless I am cooking for a large party everything thing I “roast” is roasted in this little oven. It’s especially brilliant in summer when the last thing you want to do is turn on the oven to roast beets.
2. Le Creuset 9qt Oval Dutch Oven– A new addition to my kitchen and I’m not sure why I was living without it for so long. Never have I been able to brown meats as beautifully as in this pot. Best used for stove to oven to table dishes, it is the one Le Creuset item I feel like I cannot live without. FYI- I found it for half-price at the outlet store compared to my favorite cooking store.
3. All-Clad Non-Stick 10-inch Sauce Pan- This is my go-to pan for quickly sauteing greens without having to adds tons of oil.
4. All-Clad Deep Saute Pan with Lid- This is a great pan for almost every other need.
5. JA Henckle Knives– We bought a block set when we got married. It’s one of their nicer sets and it gets used every day.
6. Emile Henry– 13×9 rectangular ceramic dish that goes from fridge to oven to table and looks beautiful!
7. Lemon Zester- I use zest all the time. It’s an inexpensive must-have.
8. Vinturi Wine Decanter- It makes average wine taste better and good wine taste great! What home cook (or parent for that matter) doesn’t need that in their life?
9. OXO juicer- It’s inexpensive and can hold about a cup and a half of fresh squeezed juice. Far more than I need to make my nightly vinaigrettes.
10. All-Clad meauring cups and spoons- I especially love the half sizes.
I keep more in my pantry than what I list below. But these items seem to find their way into many of my dishes and aren’t always in everyone’s pantry.
Sea salt & Kosher salt
Peppercorns for grinding
Sauces, Oils and vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Apple Cider Vinegar
Tomato Paste in a tube